Defence Line North

Sicherungsstellung Nord (Defence Line North) was build by the Imperial German Army in the years 1916-1918, to prevent an invasion by
either landed English troops, or an attack by Denmark.

900 concrete and timber rooms and artillery platforms were build across Southern Jutland. From the Lillebaelt in the east to the Island of Roemoe in the west this very strong and heavily defence line blocked the Northern German flank.

Share this page